jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Real Believers have REAL love

I was prompted to write this blog post, sadly, from grief.....and joyfully from the hope of the truth found in scripture that when we believers hearts are exposed by the light of truth, we CAN then choose to walk in the light all the more.

What makes us love one another.....what is HOLY love lived out?
Does it mean that we spend time with those whom we have a natural inclination to love ONLY and be 'cordial' to those others in the church with whom we disagree? (either about politics or small personal convictions regarding food or alcohol, or child rearing)

So, then I got to thinking,
What does Jesus command of us believers regarding love, and where do we get that power to obey Him?

I'm saddened by the lack of love that i naturally am without for certain people.....just because I don't 'get them' or we 'don't click'......it's not that I have hatred for them, but would I go out of my way for their good? Some yes, and some no....and I think that that is something the Lord wishes to change about me.

The word says to me (loud and clear)
Jennifer, love your ENEMIES and do good to them, pray for those who persecute you. Overcome evil with good.
Jennifer, if you say you love God but you do not love your brother or sister in Christ, you are a liar.
Jennifer, if you love only those who love you, what reward is there in that?

I naturally love people.....they are interesting to me......but my love for people stops typically at a general appreciation for spending time with them.....rarely do I seek to bless or encourage on purpose. This is my grief lately......sure, I'm black and white....a very blunt girl......but I do not season my words with love so that it will edify those who hear what I'm saying.
So now, here at the end of March, I found my New Years resolution........to learn what God's design for love is through His word, and to be affected - MOVED to love as He loves his sheep.

Love like that is only powered by His own divine Holy Spirit.....

Lord have mercy on me in my failed attempts and make me wise from your word and teach my stupid heart to consider my neighbors first, especially your sheep. In Jesus Name, Amen.

up out for the night
jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home