jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Self-less-ness

Seriously, seeing a Christian living selfless is so rare that I had to blog about it..........I'm not saying that I'm good at it......nor that I do it with a right heart all the time (cuz sometimes, obligation isn't fun)
It's not that I am unhappy doing things for the people I love.....and I really WANT to do those things that cost me (time, exertion, money, whatever) sacrificial love type deal.
BUT then when the time comes, very few are able to do that in return. Grace happens....

Praise the Lord, there are some exceptions to this rule....my friend Huey. (minnesota mom)

I have been shocked recently by her willingness to rise early (very early) on a Saturday morning to help me with something that is pretty important to me..........(despite the fact that her sleep is pretty precious, as she has a young child) her contribution of time and using her gifts and resources ------- I still don't know what to think about it......except my afterthought of ..."wow"

Then, my other friend Ski, came over to my house to get me out for something to drink and a great conversation that I really needed..........all the while, I could sorta tell she was sleepy.....but she did it anyway.

So, I consider myself blessed to see such a friend...let alone 2 who are doing what I am struggling to do in seeking the joy and edification of others. My prayers to have those type of friends has been answered; Now, Lord willing, I will BE more and more one of those kind of friends.....ie - a more genuine Christian.

"Do nothing from rivalry or selfish ambition, but in humility consider others more significant than yourselves." phil 2:3

Jamie doesn't read my blog.....but Huey......God used you huge in my life the other day........and I did and consistently thank Him for you.

in Christ,
jen2

3 Comments:

At 5/22/2008 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

De nada, my friend. Really.

And...Happy 28th! Everyone who doesn't know--it's Jen's birthday today. And though I know she doesn't like to be made much of, I think we can and should celebrate the life and purpose God has given her!

We take joy in His work in you and how it affects our lives, my dear.

 
At 5/23/2008 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey friend,

I tagged you for a meme today at my blog if you're interested. If you don't know what that is, go there and you'll find out. :)

 
At 8/31/2008 10:59 PM, Blogger God's Girl said...

Wow... that word... just its presence, is convicting. Thank you for sharing.

All for Jesus,
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home