jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Monday, March 31, 2008

Pascal's thoughts

My husband and I went for a drive yesterday to Stillwater just to putz around and get some fresh air and exercise. (we're antsy for the nice weather)
To our surprise we spent about 4 hours looking around at antiques and things.......sooo odd....I never thought we'd be the "type" to do that.....and .......enjoy it ?
The best part was this OLD bookstore. They had books from the 1800's....and one that I found in the philosophy section was by Pascal just simply titled "thoughts"

It was the guys journal........and some of the thoughts were hilariously off......but some were reverent and RIGHT ON. Real life experience and scripture = BAM!

(I've enjoyed reading his writings and have most recently been inspired by this post from my friend "me" - it's tremendous)

In the command that Jesus gave to His disciples when they accompanied him to the garden of Gethsemane, Pascal clarified the implication of Christ's command to them.

Matt 12:41
"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation."

Pascal - "one falls into temptation because they pray not"

nuff said
yikes.

1 Comments:

At 5/17/2008 11:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girl, you aren't going to believe this....about 6 months ago when my friend Lane came to visit me at school we decided to go into this random old bookstore right off of campus. He and I love to read so we just went in to see if there were any theological books or anything interesting like that....and the most interesting one we could find was a book by Pascal! We were tempted to buy it because you're right, his stuff is really insightful and really on point. But it was like a 50 dollar book so we refrained. Anyways...I was just catching up on your blog posts and I saw this one and I had to share that...because of all the authors that we found, it was Pascal too :)

God Bless sis, and keep fighting the good fight of faith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home