jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, March 27, 2008

His mercies NEW every morning

How do you get a thankful heart ???
I'm thinking.......by paying attention to all that the Sovereign God orchestrates.

I've noticed that though I love my husband more than anyone........I still struggle in the mornings when we've gone to bed after an argument or misunderstanding EVEN though we've hugged and communicated to each other forgiveness and love.

This morning was one of those mornings. Both he and I have been wrestling with direction regarding our current employment....I drive too far for work and am somewhat unhappy with my current position.......and he has a commerical drivers license and had gotten a ticket over a mistake and he shared this info with his boss about 3 weeks ago......
Since then, we've just been waiting to hear what would come of it.
(commerical DL's you have super strict rules with points, etc for insurance reasons)

Well, within the last 24 hours, we've gone up and down in grace so rapidly you'd think that we were on a roller coaster. Seriously, I need a yak bucket when considering my inconsistent heart.
We went from love and encouragement one minute to impatience with each other at the Library - then home and did our devotional time together and had a blessed conversation about the Lord........then BAM - selfishness and confusion -RIGHT BEFORE we're about to go to sleep!

We were given enough grace to remind each other of the love for the other, but then this morning - I woke up crabby and all confused and have to work through the events of yesterday and make war on my flesh to not be bitter at him.....WHAT THE CRAP !!??

So, God in His mercy this morning brought about some great news that my husband texted me. His job is secure.......but he's still going to finish re-vamping his resume with a view in mind that he would make enough to support both of us so that I could stay home with our children when the comes. (what a man!) By God's grace, I've won the battle this morning.......in seeing the mercy of God to us, in the midst of my struggle.
I have to say though, mercy is not usually SO EVIDENT. Oftentimes, thoughts of how much I don't deserve my next breath will be the only way that I can get focused on Mercy. Oh, the western brain, so full of entitlement. I love Johnny Mac's (MacArthur) comment on a sermon series I have about the Love of God: "the question is what kind of God lets any sinner LIVE??"
This the God we're dealing with here......."the fact that a sinner doesn't get what the sinner deserves, when the sinner deserves it tells us something about the love of God doesn't it?"
Um....more than somewhat.

Anycrux, it's evident that Mercy has been my meditation lately......and the few texts that came to my heart this morning were:

Lam 3:22-26
"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning; GREAT is your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."
The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."

Matthew 5:7
"Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy."

Matthew 9:13
"But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

God's mercy is new every morning.....and He desires that we would give freely what we've been given. Matthew 10:8 "Freely you have received, Freely give."

"Thorn tips, flesh ripped for the heathen; A purple robe they smacked on him; Psalm 22, the Father turned His Holy back on Him" Selah. ~ Cross Movement

When we cry out for mercy Father, remind us that it is not a gift to be hoarded, but to be given continuously and freely to others, as you renew your mercy every morning with such a people as us. Inconsistent in love, conditional in our forgiveness and pride filled, self seeking and imperfect even in our deeds of love.

In Jesus Name for His Sake ~

J2B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home