jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Lessons of the law

Is it just me or are traffic tickets encouraging ?

It's not that some other round-head wasn't speeding right past you doing at least 10 miles over your speed - and that HE SHOULD HAVE been the one who got the ticket....it's much more like.......well, I was speeding too.....and......it really doesn't matter what 'dude' was doing...I know I'M guilty........and whew.....I'M getting disciplined for it.

It's a matter of God's amazing kindness in his Sovereignty and Fatherhood.......I guess the shepherd analogy works here too.....I remember my pastor saying something that stayed with me - that back in the day - if a shepherd had one sheep that just kept running away....he'd break it's leg to keep it from being able to run. He'd cause PAIN in it's life to keep it ultimately safe....close to himself where no wolves would dare try to snatch that precious little sheep, stupid though he be.

But when God disciplines*........He ONLY disciplines His OWN children (Prov 3:12) so that "we will not be condemned along with the world" 1 Cor 11:32
WHAT A sorrowful joyful thing it is to be chastised by our Father.....it is surely one way to know that we are His own. Deep down, we do not want to displease Him......and he will smack our back side until we GET IT......that something we're doing wrong we are not examining closely enough....not taking into account the Name we're dragging through the mud.
All the while our Father is saying "THIS. HERE. This area I need you to take heed to change, and regard my Name as HOLY in this area of your life that has not yet been brought under submission."

Think of the bum deal it is for those who go their whole lives in blissful sin and consequence free debauchery and never know the firm hand of Fatherly love.

This is how we rejoice in the trial of being disciplined. Though we were in the wrong, He does not forsake us. He will not tell us that what we did was okay, but He will say "I love you too much not to use the rod. You are mine, and I want you to be Holy."

To know the Father's character is better than life.........
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
Is 26:3

"When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flames shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

* I believe discipline and punishment are different......though I have NO scripture to back that up yet. :) Punishment is final is seems and discipline is for those whom God wishes not to punish for eternity. This is totally a random slice....and I'll need to look at my concordance.
brb....in 3 days er so

2 Comments:

At 1/08/2008 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 days lost in your concordance...times up! What's the verdict?

 
At 1/12/2008 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jen, I stumbled upon your blog and just wanted to say that it has been an encouragement to me. It's great to see another sis in the faith!

In Him,
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home