jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Confessions


Okay, I'm not about to blog my deepest darkest sins on the internet.....but I will confess that I've found the ways of the world are still so deeply embedded in my flesh that to rid myself of them.....would leave me in a pile of scrappy skin and bones.

My heart is motivated more by the desires of the flesh sometimes rather than a heartfelt pursuit of pleasing the Lord.  
ie....I love to excercise when I think about how good I will feel with more muscle in my body......
"oh, THEN" I say "I will be able to focus more on the Lord, when I have more energy."

OR - my incessant list making......sure, being an organized wife will be a blessing to my husband....but when was the last time I rose early to get chores done so that my evening could be spent reading the scriptures - so instead of being in God's presence as my motive......my desire to feel like I've accomplished much (though ignored the word) is my 'goal'

I miss Him. 
"He who gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is He whose trust is in the Lord." 

No need to tell Him 'hi' for me....I'm going to pay a visit tonight. :) 

Press on for the prize friends ~ 
up out, 
jen

1 Comments:

At 1/31/2008 8:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jen, I wanted to thank you for the encouragement you have left on my blog on a couple different instances. It is such a blessing to hear from another likeminded sister. I also wanted to say that this post...well, I feel like you do. I hate how enslaved to the world my flesh is, it makes me sick. But thank goodness for Romans 7...and thank goodness that Jesus Christ is able to deliver us from our own wretched selves! I'll be praying for you, that the Lord will make His desires your desires so that you may be conformed to the image of His son!

Grace and Peace,
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home