jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Monday, July 02, 2007

Matt 5:6
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

With the recent news that a dear brother in Christ (former boss of mine) has been diagnosed with leukemia.....a right view of the shortness of my own life has given me better perspective....again.
No wonder Edwards resolved to think about death daily.

Hungering for righteousness....to love more deeply and to forgive quickly- not counting sin against a brother or sister because Christ has ransomed them.....AGH......

Is it just me or does it get tempting for others to think about the 'hurt' we feel when we're wronged and close off to the person who hurt us, rather than extending grace and love and the open embrace that Christ is always waiting to give us stupid sinners.

The depth of the love and acceptance that the Father has for us in Christ is just staggering.......
We're side by side in the war against sin......not enemies.
Scattered thoughts today..........

In Christ Jesus with you ~
Jen2

1 Comments:

At 7/03/2007 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen- I totally hear you. I find it so hard at time to be forgiving because I focus on ME and how someone has hurt ME, it's disgusting! I'm in awe of how merciful and forgiving our heavenly Father is, and I pray I can extend the grace that he's extended to me every second of every day to my friends and enemies as freely as He does.... Thanks for the encouraging blog, sister. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home