jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Remember what it felt like - Living in the Moment ?

It came so easy when we were 8.....you didn't need to think through so many different "what if's"......you didn't have to tell yourself to "HAVE FAITH" that your parents would provide dinner everyday.....(faith that is real, seems to not have to be mustered up.)

My dad sacrificed so much of himself and his desires for new snowmobiles and etc....for us kids, and thinking about how I trusted him, without any kind of effort - to provide food for me, and school clothes, and that he could perhaps get me the bike I wanted SO bad for my birthday.
I didn't trust in the provision, I trusted in my DAD and his character.....easily.
(though I wouldn't have been able to articulate that back in the day....)

As I'm moving into a completely different phase of my life, I find myself fighting to remember that child-like faith, to trust only in God Himself.....in His Character as is revealed in His word .......I mean, think about the sacrificial love of the Father in Christ Jesus......umm...yeah, we can trust Him.
Just as the prodigal son trusted in the kindness and forgiveness of his father enough to even consider going home.
(to the father against whom he had sinned against; shaming the family name grievously)
The humble boldness to seek forgiveness........a whole other blog topic......sigh.

Time to find out more about the responsibilities in the family of God now that we are no longer babies in the faith................

Rejoice in Hope friends -
Jen2

2 Comments:

At 6/21/2007 12:12 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I think, the reason why it's so hard to actually see Christ in the same position as our earthly Father... is that we have to actually make the decisions for ourselves that our earthly father was making for us.

That's why it's so hard, I think, so now it seems like I could screw up my life by making a decision. But... we gotta remember, that even the bad decisions God is there to remain faithful to us and fix the situation if need be. That's faith! In saying that we trust God, even if we make a bad decision (and the good), to work for us but to His glory.

 
At 6/22/2007 7:27 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

good insights Frank....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home