jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Marriage is like a Motorcycle Ride ..................

Just a random thought as I drove into work this morning.....that the same need to trust when tempted to fret happens when you're subject to another - in marriage or when you put your life in someone else's hands via - riding on the back of a motorcycle. :)
It's about trusting the God of the husband first, but also, the husband himself in his God-given leadership role.

So here's what I got - my heart's hope is to be a blessing to him and to enjoy the time myself
I'm thinking that as women, we need to:

* Trust his judgement because he has a clear view of the road and believe that he's going to do his best to avoid potholes. ~ Yet remembering that it is ultimately in the Lord providence if we do hit a pothole, lest I grumble in hitting rough terrain. The opposite of trust is fretting.
The husband will be blessed when the wife is resting in the Lord through all circumstances.

* Trust where he's taking me, because sometimes I have no idea. To be thankful - that we take detours to enjoy the view :) Take it all in, it is from the hand of the Sovereign God who loves us both.

* Hang on tight. After all, he left his mother and father for this. :) Gen 2:24

* Even when after a time of riding my back gets tired, or I get a bit chilly.......resisting the temptation to complain with a heart to encourage.
(The after affect of complaining will be far worse than any momentary uncomfortableness.)

Prov 21:19
"It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All this is just helping me soak up these verses ~
Hab 3:17-19
"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places."

Rest in this, knowing that He who keeps your heart beating watches over you, he gives you faith to sustain you in all trials and persecutions.
Ps 121:1-4
"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. "

Selah.

(of course, this is all just a bunch of letters clumped into words on a blog page, unless God shows up and lights up the heart with joy and grace to believe it)

1 Comments:

At 6/07/2007 4:02 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home