jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Where in the................????
CALIFORNIA baby !

I'm out here with a Joey friend........and don't have access to my email for some odd reason. So Huey and Hibby - HIEEE !!!

What a blessing to be here......
Got to see the ocean that God made yesterday for the first time in my life......it was a lot like Lake Superior surprisingly. You know, except for the whole palm tree deal, and well, the waves are A LOT bigger. :)

I feel like a little kid - all amazed at every little thing......all giddy and everything.

On Friday, Joey and I are going to go to the open air preaching in the promonade that Ray Comfort started. DUDE !! I can't wait !!! Her commencement is on Saturday and I get to meet her papa. (whom she speaks super highly of)
Then Johnny Mac is preaching from Luke on Sunday.....
Until then, we intend to relax and talk about every little thing.....at the beach. :)

Oh, and people out here are not as rude as everyone said they were (even the people on the plane who are from here were warning me not to make eye contact with people unless I was looking to get into a fight) ....but they have actually been very friendly....then again, it's only my first 24 hours out here......

Of course, the conversation about L.A somehow ended up as a conversation about Jesus......(yeah, like that never happens)
The couple that I talked with on the plane on the way out are Mormons.......who've got the gospel all wrong. The main thing I spent my time arguing (gently) is that no sinfilled fallen human can earn salvation...we all deserve to be condemned (they believe only the "really bad people" are going to hell).....so I pulled at that thread for the entire 3 hour flight. (choosing to avoid diving into how WRONG it is to think that satan is Jesus' brother - I figure that if they get grace to see the Gospel rightly - God will clean up all of the other errors in their thinking)
I shared how we cannot 'choose' to be saved - that they might let go of the thinking that they can choose to be an object of mercy......and that God is the ultimate chooser in the universe. We are the beggars. I read all of Romans 9 to them and by God's grace they desired to hear my thunderclap testimony. It's times like this that I am grateful that no one told me to "pray this prayer" or what I "needed to do to be saved" or that I had to "ask Jesus into my heart"
My salvation was very obviously - not my doing........and there is no ground for boasting except of what Christ had done in giving me eyes to see Him in truth and eyes to weep over my sin.
Oh, the amazing MERCY of God the Father, my Father.

Wellp.......That's the Daasy report - coming to you live from O.C. California, by the Grace of God.


Laters ~
Jen2

4 Comments:

At 5/02/2007 10:40 AM, Blogger El Vaso Ruso said...

www.elvasoruso.blogspot.com El Vaso Ruso (The Russian Glass) is a kind of controversial magazine in crescendo (for our delight). We treat subjects as politics, literature, humor (kind of black, you know), movie history, books, just anything we want. It's going pretty good, feel free to pass by whenever you want to, and if you do wirte, draw or take photos, please send it so it may be pusblished in the future! :)
See you soon!
Talita. Córdoba, Argentina.

 
At 5/03/2007 3:30 PM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

Be careful out there. Don't fall off the edge.

 
At 5/07/2007 1:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

My dear!! Missing you so much out here in the ol' midwest. :) I am so happy to hear about your first ocean-sighting (grand, isn't it?), and of your conversation with the mormon couple. Can't wait to hear about every little thing when you get back though!!

And I can't wait to see you (and Frank) tomorrow! And yes, my car will be cleaned for this auspicious occasion. Tee hee!

 
At 5/08/2007 12:11 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

thank you for an AWESOME week! You are SUCH A BLESSING and I admire your passion for God so much. I basically want to be like you. :-) It sucks you live so far away- I enjoyed our time, and I'm glad you took the chance and came out for my commencement. It was a big deal- and hey- any excuse for a vacation I'm all ears. :-)
love love love from your "lil sis"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home