jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Love in Truth

1 Tim 1:5
"The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

A new view....questions and convictions generally lead to pleading with God....I know you believers feel me here. I've never really cared how I've come across to people......though sometimes have been told that I'm "forward, blunt, abrasive, etc"

Now, all of the sudden - I care

In California, there was some faithful family in Christ doing street preaching - it was a blessing to see soldiers of Christ unwavering in their diligence, truly.
But something was 'off'. (Upon seeing the splinter of someone else, - I found a log in my own eye; Seriously, they were made of the same kind of wood.)
The sharing was of a cocky nature, forthcoming but arrogant of the knowledge of the precious truths... And as I listened, all kinds of texts hit me a bit deeper than they had before. Both in how I am in my relationships with family in Christ and unbelievers alike.

Prov 16:32
"Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city"

Gal 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control"

When coming along side one caught up in a sinful state.........compassion

Gal 6:1 "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness."

2 Tim 2:24
"And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will."

1 Peter 3:15
"..........but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame."

(and that Christ's Name might not be reviled because of my words/actions)

So - the questions stirring in all my activity with believers and unbelievers alike..................
Am I edifying others by the way that I'm bringing truth to them?
Do they see the heart of Christ as I talk to them??
Am I doing as the text Heb 10:24 says about "considering one another"- how to stir them up to love and good works? (not how I'd be encouraged, but what might encourage this person or that person)


I need to be assured of who God is - ALL of who He is if I am to be a faithful witness in my speech and behavior;
As my brother and Piper have said, what you behold, you become.

Lord, have your way in your church!!

3 Comments:

At 5/17/2007 2:24 PM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

That's absolutely huge, Sis! Grace and truth. Not either-or, both-and.

 
At 5/19/2007 8:49 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

you could make heads or tails of my post ? Praise the Lord !

I re-read it and got lost.....somehow found myself in Chanhassen....again.

Agh...I'm going home.

 
At 5/21/2007 5:53 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

"2 Tim 2:24" that's a good one- especially with the Santa Monica street evangelism. That should be tattooed on our hearts when we go out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home