jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Friday, May 11, 2007

Gods Word is our primary weapon in the fight for Joy and Hope

Unexpected blessings.....

Yesterday in all the chaos of trying to get back in the groove here at work....a teller came in and 'interrupted' my paper sorting and asked if I'd count the vault with her. (a routine that normally others handle and I'm a back up....though I rarely ever fill in)

I sighed and said 'sure'......all the while wondering how I'm going to get all of my piles worked through by the weekend.
We walked back and an older gentleman, whom I did not recognize said "hello young lady, how are you today?" with an expression and a tone that seemed like he was talking to an old friend. I said that I was doing very well, considering how busy it's been and did the Minnesota thing and asked him how HE was doing.
He said "very well by God's grace"
My little heart jumped......A BELIEVER !!

We sat for a bit and talked, (mostly him talking).....
A fountain of God's word seemed to be flowing from a deep pool in this man.
With the little bit I shared about how I was praying and seeking how to help some of my loved ones who are struggling with anxiety and such, He encouraged me with one of my favorite texts, Rev 12:11
“And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death”

He brought it home to my heart deeper than ever in stating that the testimony is not simply “their salvation story”
but the testimony IS every word that proceeds from the mouth of God…..the Bible.
He said the greatest way to combat temptations to depression and anxiety (usually happens when satan comes to cast doubt on what God has said) -

We can say definitively -
"IT IS WRITTEN............" and quote ANY text from the bible – just like Jesus did, knowing that faith IS believing what God has said.
This is walking by the spirit.....abiding in the word through memorizing and meditation so that the Holy Spirit can call it to our hearts to convict and guide us.

It is written
Isaiah 31:8
"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

It IS Written
Is 41:10
"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"

Can't believe it's taken me so long to get a tiny little bit of knowledge to grasp this simple concept.

oiy vey.
God is amazing....that's all I got ~
Later Brethren !
Jennifer