jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Proverbs 14:10
"Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can fully share its joy."

I found this proverb to be so true...........though every once in awhile, I'm blessed with that deep sense of unity with brothers and sisters in love for and joy in - Jesus. Anyone who knows me- even a little bit, is probably annoyed every now and again by my question "What is God doing in your life?" (Charlie calls it the 'subway game' - makes it seem less invasive I think)

That's my feeble attempt to talk about things more important than the weather - or even ministry. But sadly it doesn't work too often.......we often fall into this "private life with Jesus" mentality that my catholic grandparents lift up. That is SOOO not how we are supposed to be....we were not meant to be Lone Rangers.
The depth of relationships that we all desire - we will never have if we do not take a chance- and open our hearts to our friends. Agh - American "individualistic" culture needs to be disciplined out of our hearts so that we can be more like the church in the book of Acts.

I thank the Lord (almost) every day for my best friends.......those people who in those times when we talk about how it will feel to be before the Throne of Grace, before the Mercy seat....
Thinking about it - together - bringing up abstract thoughts of Christ and texts that God calls to our hearts- I really think that we do feel something of what heaven will be like........
UNITY in JOY. We can look at each other while we're talking and somehow KNOW that the other person is feeling what we're feeling about Jesus and the truths that we're talking about.......JUST a tremendous blessing to focus upward with our family in the Lord.
(Of course, we laugh together too - but even the joy in that, is of those who know why we have no need to fear death.........nor man, nor demons......because of the magnanimous love of God in Christ.)

To my friends that I love to dwell on truth with - your being in my life is precious to me, and I thank God that you can be so open and genuine. (Rockers, BBCer's)
Jesse and Sarah, Huey and Louie, Toys, Charlie and Alyssa, Tex and Steph, Mike K, James and Anne, Kristin......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ on a side note - related, sort of.......
This morning, JUST floored by an older song called "I boast no more" No idea who sings it.....and I'm not going to look it up......since the brother probably doesn't want accolades anyhow :)

"The best obedience of my hands
Dares not appear before Thy throne;
But faith can answer Thy demands,
By pleading what my Lord has done."

God demands our whole hearted 110% full obedience in all things..........which if a person would just think about for 10 minutes - in light of the reality that God is the I AM and can command of us anything - and he is right IN his commanding us since he has creator rights....
If I didn't know Christ - I would never leave my house!!

Focus on Him today............and eveything will fall into line.
with love from above,
Jen2

6 Comments:

At 3/29/2007 11:05 AM, Blogger Rob said...

praise the Lord for those words, Jen! i was praying for you this morning! don't need to reply back...i'm not askin for anythin...just wanted to share that with ya!
later! rob :0)

 
At 3/29/2007 11:06 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh man. I'm just thinking about our times with Huey on project night or our ducky dates (or even the trip to Canada!) - those times I cherish very dearly.

 
At 3/30/2007 6:45 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

"Focus on Him today............and eveything will fall into line."

Did you ever find Packer's book "Knowing God"? I still stand on the fact that I feel like I could have written that book.

 
At 3/30/2007 7:20 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

So much for the "humble guy I knew from small group"

haha...kidding Frank....
I haven't picked it up. I did look at the BBC bookstore....didn't see it.
More often than not though, usually when I'm at church or at NW Bookstore, I don't remember the titles of the books that I've thought "I should get that one!"

So...ahh...yeah.....wanna go to the bookstore this weekend? ahem.
I do need a new read too.

 
At 3/30/2007 7:36 AM, Blogger tex said...

Never stop with the "What's God doing in your life?" What a great thing to be known for--encouraging others in their walk, challenging them to see God's hand at work, and in all this glorifying the Lord! I wish all my brothers and sisters challenged me in that way. Someday I hope to live up to your example in this!

 
At 4/03/2007 5:38 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Brother Tex - Didn't know you blogged?!!

Hope to see pics of that beautiful daughter of yours soon !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home