jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Monday, March 19, 2007

Challenged to examine blogging before the Lord......

It is a sweet thing that the Lord gives us brothers and sisters who have His spirit to challenge us. A dear brother, of whom I have come to respect his thoughts and opinions, brought up some really good thoughts about blogging.........and motives.

Ozzie said:

"The main idea in the region of religion is - Your eyes upon God, not on men. Do not have as your motive the desire to be known as a praying man. Have no other motive than to know your Father in heaven. It is impossible to conduct your life as a disciple without definite times of secret prayer"

Is it not the nature of the fallen heart to desire to be appreciated and known and praised?
Even our dear Pastor John acknowledged the reality of the flesh's never ending desire to be made much of......and so how does that work with our blogging?

I dunno.....it's a good thing to think about though ~

Laters~
Jen2

2 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. i basically like it when people leave "cool!" comments on my blog. blah. i hate sin nature.

 
At 3/19/2007 7:45 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

yep. me too sister.

I've been encouraged through the blog....but sometimes the encouragement has been by people showing me 'appreciation' .......not so much that my heart has been pleased to distract FROM me to draw attention to Christ.

Texts that have kept presenting themselves - as often as the number 143 lately....SO odd....

"That I might magnify HIM"
and
"I must decrease, He must increase"

Our greatest joy is not in being praised ---BUT it's found in praising what we love......

I love your honest heart Joey.
Have a blessed week with our Father.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home