jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bearing the Strong Family Likeness
(to Christ)

Lately, the thread of discussion regarding believers relating to each other across the male/female lines is growing long..... I can't figure out what to think about the odd ways between men and women and so I'm going to quit trying...........except when it comes to how we relate
as family in the Lord.

And talking about how - as the church, we are supposed to love one another AND how THAT is how the world will see the love of Christ....I figured out that P.O.D said (screamed) it best when they said "life doesn't have to be like this"
There shouldn't be such an awkward segregation between my guy friends and my girl friends.....if we could all just seek to be Christ like to each other.......innocent as to motives -to seek only to honor the Lord in our care of the sheep that He loves. (not letting the thoughts that they might be a potential spouse bombard us and determine how we treat them........but letting the Scripture guide how we treat all in our family)

At the church that I went to after I was first saved, the guys and girls were friends......really friends. Sure, there was the occasional question in their minds every now and again that "maybe so and so and I would be good together, hmm...." But that didn't cause any awkwardness that I noticed......they all just seemed to live and pray well together and believe the best about each other and sought to honor one another. Not in a weird - superficial way.....

Talking to a great friend last night.....It hit me a fresh -that men and women who are single should be serving - side by side for the sake of the gospel. But women seem to be a little scared that brothers will rush into pursuing them, without counsel and typically un prayed over
(zeal without knowledge)
We shouldn't be worrying about the 'how to's' of getting to know people.....just let it happen.

Since, don't we all want to be married to our best friend anyway?
And don't we want to see someone for who they really are....without the looming pressure to be squished into a mold - to feel that we need to gain approval ?
I call that the "dating dilemma" even though dating is hardly reality. Going out for coffee even......because while out of the heart the mouth speaks, I have heard many people say this and thus and it is contrary to the way they go about things in the reality of life.........so having right doctrine is worthless without having a heart that is more in love with Jesus because of the doctrine that is known.

Since none of us lives to Himself…….we belong to each other….we’re family -you know ?? And if we cannot show the world that we belong to the Messiah by our love and care for each other -bearing witness to who we treasure most (Christ)

What weight does our message carry?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(one of the verses I noticed was posted up at my little brother's house)

Men:
1 Cor 16:13-14
"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love."

(a sweet reminder that the Lord cares deeply about our heart most, that it is sweet and yielding to Him...external beauty is worthless before the Lord)

Women:
1 Peter 3:3-4
"Do not let your adorning be external--the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing-- but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

5 Comments:

At 3/07/2007 12:12 PM, Blogger Rob said...

So- what are we going to do about it at BBC? Sit on out big fat couches and do nothin about it?? I'm all about action!!
I agree with you Jen....we need to have true and genuine friendships that are not shallow....we need to trust the Lord in all our relationships and be true to each other as Christ would want us to be....man...I am preaching to myself!

 
At 3/07/2007 3:55 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Wellp...I was reading my old journal from my first year as a believer and I found this one sentence simple and profound....
"Don't talk about what a godly woman should be (Jennifer) Be ONE"

I think actions will accomplish the end we're aiming for.

Pillar said it best when they said
"You simply LOVE"

 
At 3/07/2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

ps - if you haven't caught on.....I think it is utterly hilarious to quote people that aren't usually quoted. haha...most people quote super intelligent folks, theologians, inventors, forward thinkers...you get my drift.

 
At 3/08/2007 9:35 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I think you, my friend, have just understood the thrust of the Gospel.

PEACE!

Oh and by the way... I do like Pillar. OK gone.

 
At 3/09/2007 2:01 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Hrrupmh.....
Frank Dawg....I think that the more we think about the Gospel....the more we understand it - for the rest of our lives.......always going deeper......That is, if we ever really understood it in the first place. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home