jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

New understanding of Obedience
The "Letting"

James 1:2-3 says “Count it all joy (Jennifer), my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness……..”
Then ~ James 1:4 says “and let steadfastness have its FULL effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
Okay......so I need to “let” steadfastness have its full effect???
On my way to work last week it sort of hit me that perhaps I’ve been looking at obedience completely wrong - If our obedience is from OF us……..That's not right. (as in, The "grit your teeth, roll up your sleeves and obey, dang it" - "get doing this and thus")
It’s more like James 1:4 says – we need to “let” steadfastness have its full effect……..or
Col 3:15 “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.”

(When I think "LET" I get a picture of a person on their knees with arms spread wide open and their head tilted way back)

It’s about being empty and needy, leaving our hearts open in submission, ready to WAIT on the Lord, empty, thirsty and longing to be filled - longing not to obey for our own external reasons, but to obey from the heart. That is what every real Christ lover wants....we want our hearts engaged in it......a heart that (more consistently every day) desires to be faithful to Jesus from the heart in all things. We desire - the desire to do good.......

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength."

Freedom and the easy yoke Jesus told us of, is to focus on loving our God, knowing Him intimately --- and our fruit will come forth seemingly without effort. It's a disposition change.

SIDE note......
After discussing this topic, Hibby and I discovered where the term PEACE-KEEPER MISSILE came from......it seems like an oxymoron......

But if you think about it - it really is WAR to REST and trust and hope in Christ alone.

Later friends ~
Jen2

2 Comments:

At 2/27/2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

(When I think "LET" I get a picture of a person on their knees with arms spread wide open and their head tilted way back)

It sounded cool, so I tried it. I fell over.

 
At 2/28/2007 9:07 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

You....are a nut my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home