jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Learning much from little ones ~

Sunday was remarkable, as usual. The children of BBC are absolutely amazing.
Each week, we have the same routine......play then worship, then prayer and verse memory time, then prayer and snack/memory verse focus time, then a God-centered story, then we color a picture that is related to the story they've heard in small groups.

Well, sometimes, when I'm trying so hard to think about what to draw out of the story and drive home to them- (oftentimes - over thinking it)..........and they end up teaching me a thing or two about a thing or two. :)

It took me a minute of trying to figure out what else we can go over with how magnanomous the Lord's power is in parting the Red Sea......in addition to explaining to them that just because it's called the Red sea doesn't mean that it wasn't blue. (sigh)
All of the sudden my ears heard the words of the little song that Micah was singing.
(keep in mind these are 3 year olds)

I tuned in and heard as clear as day "Jesus, Jesus how I love Him, how I've proved him o'er and o'er... Jesus Jesus PRECIOUS Jesus, Oh! For grace to trust Him more."

Not only do I LOVE that song- especially the plea at the end "OH ! for grace to trust Him more!".......but that it was sung from a little guy who hasn't seen the corruption that we adults have seen.....just made it all the more beautiful. I want a heart like that.........
I was trying not to cry as I sat there coloring my picture, thinking of what other things we should review from the story......but I just couldn't focus, it was the most precious sound ever......he just kept singing the same part....over and o'er. :) heh.

It's been a long time that I've been praying that God would give me the chance to be a mother.......and for a hearty desire to sing hymns in my home with my little ones some day, as I'm cleaning or doing laundry...whatever.........that I might hear praises put up to God and to the precious Lamb.......fruits of training little hearts in truth.
Oh, my....what a blessing that would be......

For the Sake of the Name ~
Jen2
aka
oatmeal

3 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 9:12 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks for sharing, Jen! Good stuff!!

 
At 2/06/2007 12:42 PM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

Oatmeal??

 
At 2/06/2007 5:08 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

oatmeal is another nickname......long story short.....my favorite little known fact is that frosty the snowman was almost named "oatmeal"
seriously - watch it closely sometime when the kids are trying to think of what to call him.........there's a little kid in the front that says 'oeatmeeeal'
in a little voice....it makes me laugh every time......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home