jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, February 08, 2007

How Important IS Commensurate Authority ??

In the Home
In the Workplace
In our relationship to the Father

I had never heard anyone use the term "end run" other than my pastor....until just recently at work. In an effort to "make my life easier" by requesting that my loan exceptions be able to be run by someone other than my direct supervisor, I made myself look foolish. Even though I received the permission from the Chief Credit Officer of the bank to do my approvals thru a co-worker instead of my interim branch manager........I ended up stepping on the toes of my supervisor and also ticking off the HR gal.

Feeling 'wronged' again....I went home and the Lord laid it on my heart - heavy.....that I am in the wrong - again. He kept bringing to my heart conviction of how I obviously still have some rebellion left in my heart that needs to be put to death......
Texts about how servants are to obey their masters, not only the just and kind ones.....but the unjust and difficult, disobedient and arrogant - all for the Glory of God. (and we are technically servants to those whom we work for if you think about it. Servants got food and clothing and shelter from their masters, and well, we get money to buy food and clothing and shelter.......only difference in the USA is that we can go work for a different "master" if we choose to)

All in all, learning obedience and submitting to those whom the Lord has placed over me seems to be where the battle is being fought. My heart. If I am to submit to a man as a husband some day, it seems that I should be able to submit to those whom God has placed over me now.....for my good and training in holiness. Why do I question things constantly? Why can't I simply do what is asked of me without needing to know all the reasons why and how and etc!!!!
This.....is my New Year's resolution.......a little delayed.......but whatever.........2007 is for my learning to yield to the Lord by yielding to those who are placed as leaders in my life.
He's commanded that of all of us in Christ Jesus.....Romans 14, & Eph 6:5
Col 3:22 "Obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord."

I'm still bumming about my hard heart yesterday....but the Lord was kind enough to break me up and move me to apologize to my boss.....I felt like I was apologizing to my own grandfather!
I also said, and really meant it......"I'm done being difficult and stubborn now, Lord willing."
He looked like he was shocked and appreciative....it went very well. I only hope that my heart change about this situation is permanent. Feels that way. Humiliation is good for the soul.


"O Conquering King - Conquer MY HEART "

With all I got ~
Sheep # 2,302,938,547,372,283,192
AKA
Jen

3 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 1:55 PM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

Let's see if I can guess what your picture is about...

You're wearing black, so you are referreeing a contest between the brides who are wearing white.

Was I close?

 
At 2/09/2007 6:35 PM, Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Man! Jen and I were talking about that exact thing yesterday! What are the odds?

Uh...pretty good actually! Work is tough and serving and being thankful is almost impossible at times, but the Lord is good and kinda seems to shine when we kinda hit the end of our ability to discipline ourselves to "act proper".

Keep persevering and growing sister!

 
At 2/12/2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Craver - Wha??? I just like black....but hey, I'll think of a more elaborate reason to wear it.......give me a wee bit.

Armchair - yeah, Hibby and I are always pretty much trackin.....not so odd to be going through the same thing....

God has been so kind today - He's given me grace to be calm and receptive to my boss guy.
He even thanked me - he said that it's been a joy to work with me on things since last Thursday...
(eek....I just wish that he didn't have the 'rebellious jennifer' to compare my new attitude to)

This must be the way the Lord planned it to go down......hmmm....wonder what might happen next....I'm going to be looking to share the gospel.....and with my sin 'out there' - I'm sure it will make me more as a beggar myself - as I share about the desperate state that humans are in.

May God do what seems good to Him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home