jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Monday, January 08, 2007

What is Love Anyway ?


To set the scene - The women of Jerusalem are giving Claudia Procula counsel to leave Pontius Pilate, her husband who is cold and cruel to her -their counsel is merely from the humanistic point of view as the tell her that she would be just in walking away from the covenant she made.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Claudia would answer them,
"O women of Jerusalem, You speak as if there were no God.
As if there were no tender rod to comfort me and lead me through the darkest valley of my fewAnd painful years, as if there's not, nor should be higher aims than what you've dreamed for man and wife. As if the path were safe, nor any cliff be close or any bitter wind be in my face, nor I be sinned against, or feel this constant grief so long, my death would be relief.
How many women do you give such shallow counsel? As I live,O, women of Jerusalem who counsel thus, I pity them.
As for myself, there is one love, one covenant, one vow, above all married bliss or pain, and I once held the bloody price on my own lap, and heard him, dying, say to me enough to show the way a covenant is kept. Now go, and learn what God designs to show, when Pilate crucifies his wife, and she is faithful all her life."
~ excerpt from poem by John Piper called Pilate's Wife

This specific part of the poem gives me much comfort as I am in tremendous pain from a recently broken relationship. It makes my heart say "AS if there is not more to this life than the hope for marital bliss or the trauma of painful break ups......"
There is a tender rod to comfort me through my darkest times, there is a shepherd who loves His sheep. I'm so glad I'm a sheep.

Even as I sit here at work trying to focus on....work......I wonder what the plan could be in all and through all of the recent heartache.......why am I not certain that we're doing the right thing in breaking up even with the doubts I had?

True love endures all things. Can it endure 3 break ups ??
With our God anything is possible........His love is poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit and it makes it's object Holy. Oh, how I want Holy love more than life. To be with our Father and never weep over brokenness and inperfect love ever again.........

My times are in His Hands.........Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Sorrowful and longing to rejoice,
Jen2

2 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 8:05 PM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

I am sorry for your pain.

I believe that a woman hurts more from a breakup, because the emotional attachment is more significant. As a stupid teenager, I believed that if I had not done anything physically, then nothing was there, at least nothing profound. I feel ashamed and guilty for taking things too lightly back then. Now, my two middle kids are teenagers and I hope to help them navigate these treacherous waters.

May your relationship with Jesus carry you safely through this season, and may Father God provide healing and joy beyond what you expect.

 
At 1/09/2007 9:15 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Thanks so very much Craver......I have had such amazing comfort and fellowship with brothers and sisters over the last few days that I am so grateful to the Lord for. You really find out how much your friends love you when you're carrying a burden and they don't desert you....but they weep with you and help you carry the burden right back to the Father of all comfort. I love my friends and am in awe of their faithfulness and steadfastness. God is showing me much more than I would have come to know without painful circumstances, and I don't want to waste this season by any means.

I'm praying for clarity and hearing "WAIT" from the Lord...
Tonight amongst friends (including Armchair-who's in MN for a week) Hibby and Huey and Hen and Ben and Ben - I was truly blessed.

Our fighter verse at BBC this week is Jeremiah 29:11-13 (I add 14 too, because it adds a BAM at the end)
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon me and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the Lord."

I am holding the Lord to the promise that He will be found by me.........He never lies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home