jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Super SCATTERED thoughts

It is SO hard when you are so analytical by nature as I am. Thoughts coming to mind ....often times scripture.....that make me wonder....why I am not a more loving and more gracious person.......towards those I profess to love and also towards them that are difficult to love.
That is the fruit of the Spirit........and if we have been given "everything pertaining to life and godliness" we should be capable of loving others......right?
Ozzie's devo today talked about going to the funeral of self.......think that's necessary for all of us.
If there remains a carnal nature in us, where things of this world threaten to crowd out what matters most as the Lord sees it....He's going to put it to death in us, and it's going to hurt.

Being reminded last night by a dear brother that believing and treasuring Jesus is how I am saved, not by what I do.......and to stop analyzing what I'm doing, to just soak up the word and God will bear the fruit in my life. Eternal fruit, not just the pretend kind that so often times I've been satisfied with........the half hearted good deeds, and the external rightness of conduct....but obeying the gospel better than the pharisees - from a heart that Loves and trusts God my Father. *sigh*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every now and again, I come across a song that just bombards my little heart giving me a better, more God centered view of this life.

I was just introduced to the song by Aaron Jeoffrey called "He Is" in October, and bought the CD a week or so ago. You have to hear how the music really communicates the power of the offices and work of Christ Jesus throughout the books of the bible.....but whew...if you know your old testament, you'll be on your knees-a-weeping in adoration of our Great High Priest.

In Genesis, He's the breath of life
In Exodus, the Passover Lamb
In Leviticus, He's our High Priest
Numbers, The fire by night
Deuteronomy, He's Moses' voice
In Joshua, He is salvation's choice
Judges, law giver
In Ruth, the kinsmen-redeemer
First and second Samuel, our trusted prophet
In Kings and Chronicles, He's sovereign
Ezra, true and faithful scribe
Nehemiah, He's the rebuilder of broken walls and lives
In Esther, He's Mordecai's courage
In Job, the timeless redeemer
In Psalms, He is our morning song
In Proverbs, wisdom's cry
Ecclesiastes, the time and season
In the Song of Solomon, He is the lover's dream
He is, He is, HE IS!

In Isaiah, He's Prince of Peace
Jeremiah, the weeping prophet
Lamentations, the cry for Israel
Ezekiel, He's the call from sin
In Daniel, the stranger in the fire
In Hosea, He is forever faithful
In Joel, He's the Spirits power
In Amos, the arms that carry us
In Obadiah, He's the Lord our Savior
In Jonah, He's the great missionary
In Micah, the promise of peace
In Nahum, He is our strength and our shield
In Habakkuk and Zephaniah, He's pleading for revival
In Haggai, He restores a lost heritage
In Zechariah, our fountain
In Malachi, He is the son of righteousness rising with healing in His wings
He is, He is, HE IS!

In Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, He is God, Man, Messiah
In the book of Acts, He is fire from heaven
In Romans, He's the grace of God
In Corinthians, the power of love
In Galatians, He is freedom from the curse of sin
Ephesians, our glorious treasure
Philippians, the servants heart
In Colossians, He's the Godhead Trinity
Thessalonians, our coming King
In Timothy, Titus, Philemon He's our mediator and our faithful Pastor
In Hebrews, the everlasting covenant
In James, the one who heals the sick.
In First and Second Peter, he is our Shepherd
In John and in Jude, He is the lover coming for His bride
In the Revelation, He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords !!
He is, He is, HE IS!
The prince of peace
The Son of man
The Lamb of God
The great I AM
He's the alpha and omega
Our God and our Savior
He is Jesus Christ the Lord
And when time is no more
He is, HE IS


Praise the Lord today friends.
Sorrowful yet, but rejoicing in spite of myself.
Jen2

8 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 8:40 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

Being reminded last night by a dear brother that believing and treasuring Jesus is how I am saved, not by what I do.......and to stop analyzing what I'm doing, to just soak up the word and God will bear the fruit in my life.

Paul has a response for this...
Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ

:)

Track'n with ya... ya know you should read "knowing God" by Packer. I'm reading this book and feel like I could have written it.

 
At 1/16/2007 8:40 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

The reference for the Paul passage is Philippians 3:8.

 
At 1/16/2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Rob said...

hey girly! i'm trackin with ya! hang in there and keep on pressing towards jesus. let us be obedient when we feel joyful and when we feel dry. let us seek His face and seek to hunger and thirst for His righteousness! as brothers and sisters- who are apart of His glorious family- we are fighting the battle together! amen??!! you're good stuff!
rob rozsa =-)

 
At 1/17/2007 8:16 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

I'm going to have to pick that book up for sure Frank...I keep hearing about it lately!
(remind me at church Sunday if you would be so kind)

 
At 1/17/2007 8:18 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Rob has entered the blogosphere.
(applause)

Welcome Brethren !

 
At 1/17/2007 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're looking for lyrics, i always find comfort in the song "Come Rest" by Considering Lily. Check it out.

 
At 1/18/2007 8:18 AM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

Thanks for these lyrics. This can be prayed back to God with minor adjustments. The theme of each book would serve well as a them for a few phrases or sentence prayers of adoration and thanksgiving.
Cool beans!

 
At 1/18/2007 10:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah baby!! LOVE that song - I've gotta look into somehow getting it myself...

Hmm, Knowing God, though....I've been wanting to read that book for a while now. I should pick it up sometime - sound like a good'un!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home