jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Praise the Lord for Children ~

Often times they say profound things that floor me....
When a 3 year old could know such deep truths about the Lord it's awe inspiring !
And then, sometimes.......they say something of which you can tell that they intended it to be funny - and it actually is !!!

The latest funny was from this past Sunday.
I was helping a little boy named Grant get the marker off his hands.
Just as we finished washing the soap off his hands, I said "Here's your papertowel Sir"
And he said back "Thank you, Ma'am"

It struck me and I said "Wow, haven't been called Ma'am very much in my life"
Not realizing that I had said that out loud.....Grant caught me off guard as he climbed down the little ladder by the sink looked at me with his head tilted with a grin on his face and said
"People normally call you Sir?"

The FUNNIEST part is that he knew that he was making a joke and he had that little smirk on his face as he walked past me out of the bathroom......

I almost buckled over laughing.....as did a parent who was standing nearby- who was close enough to hear him say that.

sigh......what a joy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more story..........such a blessing.
It was memory verse time. Each week the 3 year olds learn one new verse.
To help them memorize we use picture identification to hint at what the verse should teach us about who God is. (ie....a pic of a shield for the verse that says that "God is a shield to those who take refuge in Him")
Well, the parents of BBC children are (for the most part) very diligent in getting God's word into their little one's hearts and minds.........though they all do it very differently.

So, as I was holding up a verse I asked "does anyone know what this is a picture of ??"
And then "what verse reminds us that God is a Strong Tower?"
Well, This little boy in my small group (Ms.Daas' Frogs, thankyouverymuch)
raised his little hand......I called on him and he said ever so sweetly "what is the reference please?"
(He wanted to know the chapter and verse !!!!)
I said Prov 18:10 - and he quoted it - perfectly.

Not everyone should do Children's ministry - only those who want to see the glory and power of God in His convicting and giving understanding to little hearts.

Soli Deo Gloria ~
Jen2

2 Comments:

At 1/30/2007 11:50 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks Jen for sharing these wonderful stories! I am realizing more and more as I read your blogs that you have a gift for typing out your thoughts. Those words put a smile to my face!
Praise God!
Rob =-)

 
At 1/31/2007 7:57 AM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

Great stuff! I switched last year from the adult track to 4th & 5th grades. And although I miss my grown-up friends, I get such a charge out of "my little theologians."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home