jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Monday, January 29, 2007

"My goal is God Himself . . . At any cost, dear Lord, by any road."

A friend from my former church gave me such a simple blessed truth on Friday........and by God's grace it was very timely for the weekend I was about to have ~

"As soon as we get any kind of comfortable here in this world, the Lord will give us trials if we are his so that we remember that this is not our home....and that we shouldn't trust in anything in this world."

Not to get into all of the details of my seeming mountains of trials lately......but one in particular is starting to settle down today.
Saturday afternoon I was content and joyful and heading to 'surprise visit' my brother.....then to get some shopping for essentials done. Well....I pulled into a parking lot...and just a few seconds later, a cop pulled in behind me, blocking me in and had his lights on.
He walks up and asks me who's name the car is in, I said "I hope mine, I just bought it about a month ago.."
Then, in an ever-innocent tone I said "Is something wrong, have I done something?"

He grabs my license, and darts back to his car....comes back to me quickly and tells me that my license is suspended due to an unpaid fine from this past summer.
I about lost my marbles....I said "that cannot be, I paid it in person."
He asked me for evidence of my paying the fine, which of course I didn't have with me in my new car......and proceeded to tell me he's writing me a citation and impounding my car.
He walked back to his car and I called my little brother and told him the scoop........and where I was. He was about a mile away and the cop said that if someone came to help me - 2 people would need to come- one to drive my car and one to drive the other car back.
My little brother RAN much of the way to try to save me from the $250 expense of impounding.

The tow truck arrived just as my brother did.....and Praise the LORD - even though he was a heartless -"on power trip" type of police officer.......he waved the tow truck away and said that he would let my brother drive my car.

Long story - a little longer.......I wrestled much with the unjust-ness of it all. "It's not fair that I couldn't drive all weekend and that my friends and family had to cart me around for 2 1/2 days.......since after all it's an error with the state of Minnesota...."
But my little brother reminded me of the Sovereign God of the universe...how he rules and reigns and works all things after the counsel of His will....including human errors at the state offices.
So...then I got to thinking (and need to quite a bit more) what is He trying to teach me through all this?
How to suffer unjustly is all that I've come up with. And I can tell you that this time around I failed miserably, so I can bet there will be a re-test soon.
(I grumbled to God and to friends - like a spoiled brat)

I called the violations bureau this morning and they said "hmm, must have been a miscommunication between the systems....I show that you've paid the fine back in August...."
She kindly faxed me proof so that I can drive and promised to have the police computers updated in the next 48 hours.

What next?

8 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 8:25 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

James 1 yo!

Especially note this (v2): "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials"

Notice it says... "various trials", not "trials only when serving the Lord", but "various" which implies any trial. And THEN! Before it even says that, it says to count them ALL joyously!

:)

Grace & PEace

 
At 1/29/2007 10:52 AM, Blogger mrs. r said...

no way! You didn't tell me you blog! I'm so linking to you...yikes, what a story! It's been awesome to see you the last couple weeks, btw!

 
At 1/29/2007 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Jen!
I hear ya, sista....there are times I will never understand why the Lord puts us through certain situations. I do know this- when I'm being put through the ringer- He's kickin my butt about something! And I'm thinkin 'Dang it! Why me??'....but when I surrender to Him I begin to sense a peace of mind. Am I trying to teach you something here? No- just sharing some thoughts. Jenn- I love to hear and read how the Lord is working in your life! You've been blessed with wonderful 'brothers and sisters' in the Lord and you've been blessed with a wonderful brother, Jessie (spelling?)!
Your bro in Christ!
Rob =-)

 
At 1/29/2007 12:58 PM, Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Weird tale sista Daas! I don't know that God was teaching you, but sometimes with me, God is simply teaching me to be patient...sometimes it's to react to "situations" with trust...sometimes he's trying to get it through my head that I should be loving to people whom I REALLY don't feel like loving...and sometimes he's teaching me to laugh.

I don't know if he was teaching these, or something else. Just rejoice that he loves you enough to bother with the whole teaching process in the first place, eh?

Have fun tonight with Jen too...I'm guessing you duckies will have a great little party!

 
At 1/30/2007 6:52 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

True that Frank Dawg.....it's weird.....that sometimes rejoicing in trials comes (Praise the Lord) EASY and then, sometimes rejoicing is super difficult.

In wrestling with my "feeling wronged" and hardness of heart - this text rebuked me and gave me a strong desire to soak up this trial for all that it's worth - perhaps the Lord is preparing my heart for much more grievous trials - to give me great hope in Him through them all, and to walk through the fires in faith....
This verse was a wonderful rebuke......

1 Peter 2:13-25
"Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust. FOR THIS IS A GRACIOUS THING, WHEN, MINDFUL OF GOD, ONE ENDURES SORROWS WHILE SUFFERING UNJUSTLY. For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus suffered under the LAW -unjustly. When he was reviled, he didn't threaten.

Thank God for Jesus ~
and for you friends !

Jen2

 
At 1/30/2007 6:54 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

umm ps - like I said, I failed this last steadfastness test miserably....prayer is always a blessing. :)

 
At 1/31/2007 8:02 AM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

ouch.

 
At 2/06/2007 5:12 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Mrs. R - WE NEED TO DO COFFEE soon please ? :)
It was really great to see you too....and sooo many Rockers. My heart is still with you friends...I love my Rock family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home