jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Friday, January 26, 2007

A few tid bits for the day

Hmm......wellp.......Joey hit the frog on the nose with the whole following the Spirit thing....truly.
(Well...her and her brother Frank)
And knowing that your heart is not ready for such matters as a potential relationship is one good reason to rest and wait on the Lord.

A dear sister in the Lord that I had coffee with last night gave me such a blessed insight....in that when a relationship is over that you really felt the Lord was blessing and leading - it is 10 times more difficult to let go of it.......since at BBC we know the supremacy of God in all things - we can have a greater temptation to then doubt the goodness and kindness of our Father when we can't understand his leading us to some thing that fails. (either for a season or permenantly)
I found myself asking....well, myself....."DOES it need to make sense to you Jennifer ??"
No.....just thinking about little children who are diagnosed with a terminal illness and will never have a chance to do ministry for the Lord......but they have only their hope and love for Christ as they look out the window of their little hospital rooms, waiting.........just a simple faith that what the Lord does is good.....and we may not understand, but in all His ways........His inscrutable ways.....we hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering.....for He who promised IS FAITHFUL....
She also gave me a great warning reminding me of the ways of satan, in that his whole goal is to get me to doubt the Father I love........to try to provoke me to turn my back on my faith in God. What a great reminder.....

Woke up with the most encouraged heart this morning and the Lord blessed me with an opportunity to share the gospel with a Mormon......for an hour (praise the Lord).......
He seemed open and loves talking about it....but you can see that when he's convicted his eyes dropped down and he looked at the floor. Pray for him....the Lord knows his name. The mormons are after him lately to get him to come back to their cult....and he's visited a couple times -but he senses that it's ''off"

On top of this, a co-worker of mine from another branch (who is a brother in Christ Jesus) just wrote me an email asking me what is going on in Chan.....he said that he just had an awful feeling when he was here.........evil is what I presume he meant/ spiritual warfare......and I shared with him some of the craziness of the ministry here.......the muslim witnessing and the professing Christians who scorn and mock me frequently, sometimes to my face.
Tis funny though......for some reason, the Lord desires that I'm here....in the midst of the darkness. Reminded me that I need to "pray - since it all depends on God and live as if it all depends on me"

Congrats - you found a *Carrot *

It's the end of my rabbit trail.....ahem.

Laters ~
Jen 2

3 Comments:

At 1/28/2007 5:47 PM, Blogger EP said...

Hey girl! It was awesome to run into you last night - Bryanna really enjoyed meeting you as well.

So, seriously, we're getting together soon to plan at least one summer event!

Anyway, do you still you use your Yahoo! e-mail accoung or where can I contact you these days? Mine is the same.

EP

 
At 1/29/2007 6:06 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

It was really great to see you too~ Thanks again for the ride (and thank Bryanna too for me)
Let's us 3 get some coffee soon...let me know when is good for you

Yepski ~ Yahoo email....as always :) Though everyone seems to be switching to gmail.....

Anycrux,
I'm going to put out a feeler for some camping-peeps who'd be game to go on a trip. Group size max would be probably what we had before....bout 20-22 right?
Early July would work well.
July 5-8th ?

I'll email you ~ :)
Jen

 
At 1/29/2007 8:04 PM, Blogger EP said...

Jen:

Late June through early July I'll be in Indonesia... how about earlier in June... that way we can plan a round two in August?

Yes, yes, it'd be awesome to all get together. We'll be in touch!

EP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home