jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Real Food Issues

Deuteronomy 8:2-3
"And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.
And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna which you did not know, nor did your fathers know that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD."

God is so kind to reveal truths about how desperately we need him.
I was just bombarded with joy in the fact that I know him - as I sang as loud as I could driving home after 2 hours at Caribou reading the ever encouraging book of Deuteronomy last night......... :)

The Lord had let them hunger in the wilderness to humble them and then he fed them manna from heaven to demonstrate that he is the one who gives them the bread leading to life, and then he goes on to explain that life is found in every word of God. All sorts of verses came to my mind, like how the entire universe is upheld by the word of His power. HIS WORD is powerful and sustaining and life-giving. So why is it that I neglect to earnestly pursue life in the word sometimes? Foolish sheep I am!
What a tender shepherd......Oh, how I love Him!

Singing along to my latest favorite song "Rebirthing" by Skillet.

Feel your presence
Filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in~
I've died.

Rebirthing Now,
I want to live for love I want to live for you and me
Breathe, For the first time now, I have come alive somehow
Rebirthing Now,
I want to live my life, want to give you everything.
Breathe - for the first time now, I have come alive somehow

I'm heading out to lunch in a minute here with a co-worker who desires to talk about Christ.....I'm not sure where she's at, but she has many questions for me.

What a blessing for God to set up appointments for me to share His truth.....sigh.
May God set our hearts aflame with passionate love for Him.

In Christ - always,
Jennifer

5 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Bah ~ Daasy!! How can you write EXACTLY what is on my heart?! It's crazy, I tell you!

 
At 12/21/2006 3:00 PM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

(still laughing) Thanks for the sidebar link to the peanut gallery. Did Hibby buy that awesome peanut sweater?

 
At 12/22/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Heh...no that peanut sweater was like $95 or something and it wasn't even one of a kind!!!

Forget that noise !
Merry Christmas my dear blog friends !!

Oats

 
At 12/22/2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Oh, Hibby ~ Kllk Kllk.
XOXO Jen

 
At 12/27/2006 8:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Liked the peanut sweater, eh, Craver?? Pretty sweet huh?! Yeah, I was trying to talk Daasy here and Huey into chipping in with me to buy the lovely fashion staple, but they would have none of it.

Ah well. Next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home