jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quote Board II

Today when I couldn't sit still and wait for a co-worker of mine to find a tid bit of info I was looking for - I decided to just hustle back to my office to work on other things. (it may have looked like impatience, but seriously, I was just redeeming my time......)


5 minutes later..........
Enters said Co-worker into Jen's office........

"You know what?" - co-worker

"No, but I bet you're going to tell me." -jen2

"I figured out why I like you." - co-worker

"Oh, really, why's that?" - jen2 (said cautiously, with one eyebrow up)

"You're complicated and high maintenance" - co-worker

"I am not!" - jen2 (I said as I turned around in my chair to get back to looking busy)

"Oh, sure you are, in fact, if I had a little magical door that I could use to get inside your head,
I wouldn't.........too scary." - co-worker
(followed by a shivering sound and gesture)

Children and unbelievers say the craziest things. I'm still not sure how to take this....
I think it was a back-handed compliment.......

7 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

I'm guessing the person was simply saying that you're like John Malkovich.

THAT is always an AWESOME compliment!

 
At 11/15/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Ummm.....Who the crap is John Malkovich friend?

 
At 11/15/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Oh...my clever joke sailed past your head and careened into the waste disposal of misunderstanding.

There was a movie called 'Being John Malkovich" where this person discovered a little door that led into the mind of John Malkovich. They would then climb through the door and enter his mind, which was really weird. Don't see the movie. It was horrible.

Oh, and John Malkovich is a semi-famous actor. Yeah. Doh.

 
At 11/15/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

OOOOOHHHHhhhhhhh ~
Got it.

I have to get out from under my rock once in while. I don't see too many movies these days - too perverse.
I'll take your advice on this one too......

 
At 11/15/2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

Ya know... some people like hi-maintenance people. If that wasn't already noticed by the apparent "I know why I like you..."

So I would say it's a compliment.

 
At 11/16/2006 7:20 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Well.....if it is a compliment, it's a backhanded one.....sort of like someone saying........

"Wow, you really don't sweat very much for a fat girl."

(because I get picked on for being "high maintenance" all the time here at work. One time I responded by saying, "I'm not high-maintenance, I color my own hair!"
And I've never heard the end of it.)

 
At 11/16/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Okay...I've gotta admit that I lol'd at that one. If it makes you feel better, beauty and high maintenance don't equal shallowness.

I couldn't care about whether a lady takes 5 or 50 minutes to get ready in the morning as long as she takes equal time to prepare her heart for each day and has inward character to match and even excel past the physical beauty...and truth be told, godly virtue and character only magnify physical beauty.

As we sometimes say up north, "I wanna Hottie not a Haughty!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home