jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Friday, November 03, 2006

Deeply Theological......RAP ? :) Yes indeed.

If you take time to meditate on the holiness of God.......even if your meditations are inspired by a beat and a poetic rhyme........no matter how you come to it.....the solid doctrine of God's intrinsic worth will quiet the heart and root your joy in the truth that
there is just no one like Him.

(some of my favorite meditation starters are in bold)

Lord You Are

Every time I think of You When I think about the things You do
Oh it's not too hard to see it's not what You do but its who You are
Good, Holy, Pure, all of this and God You're so much more!
Doin' your will, I can just chill,
Focus on who You are
(Lord You Are)
Kindness, Compassion, Timeless, Matchless, Divine in Your actions
(Lord You Are)
The Bedrock of trust; Sin stops on your block cause You're the head cop, You're Just
(Lord You Are)
So Gracious and Merciful Praise - You deserve it so, worthy of worship,
Oh! (Lord You Are)
We call You hope, we call You Peace and Love You're all of these
You're all of the above

The Bible told me holy are Your ways
Nobody stops or had to start Your days
So I marvel at Your endlessness
And at the fact that You're righteous, You're m'quadesh
You got the victory and the glory is already Yours
And we can be sure Your character is morally pure, Lord
We can't help but adore You, Can't help but applaud You
Our soul saw You, so now we can't help that it's all
You're awesome, majestic, Your style's eclectic, pure perfection, King unelected, Nexus
Your love stretches, elastic, Now I'm connected, No more sin and death
You're sin's antiseptic.
I checked forensics and found that your power's intrinsic
And flows only for agendas that you've intended
Solid, the Rock, Sweeter than nectar, Three in one winner - Yeah, Trifecta


I bless Your Name Father cause your majestic, time tested
Skillfully built in six and on the seventh You rested
Who else could make the moon glow and the sun shine
And have four different seasons flow all at one time?
You are the main attraction, The Who in what's happenin', Universal Captain
No need for slumber You're never slackin'
Nobody does what you do or could ever do what you've done Most High, Supreme,
King - The only One
If you would have never made the earth, Lord That could never change your worth
And if there was never another soul to behold Your beauty, You'd be just amazing as You are, Truly, I'm gazing at the stars Each one tells a story Each one tells us of Your glory, tells us of Your might and Your power,
May my praise be like a flower, but You made the flowers too What can we give You? Nothing's ours This is yours!

I'm not thinking about what most say -Lord I feel You in the utmost way
You're Divine, We know You're more cool than the Fonzie
You're shiny, Shekinah lights up all your Armies
Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient You're eminent, in addition to intimate and sufficient You're Logos and You're Abba, that's Poppa, You're living agua, that's Water, You're Potter You're God and You're more than a brother has thought of,

I'm electrified by your lightning likeness, Skip the Visine No one that I've seen is like this
You're priceless - Nothing compares, nothing is fair enough to hold up to You
What could dare receive stares and glory and while receiving it Inspire awe and command all obedience? (No one)
You're infinitely exceeding man's limits (plus) You're transcendent (plus) and endless

Lord, You are
(by the Cross Movement)

7 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 8:52 AM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

If you would have never made the earth, Lord That could never change your worth
And if there was never another soul to behold Your beauty You'd be just amazing as You are, Truly,”


Wow, that line is certainly different from the popular but unsubstantiated, “If you were the only person who ever lived, Christ would still have died for you.”

I like that the author takes the position that says God is glorious regardless of what’s in it for me.

 
At 11/04/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That rocks! It's really refreshing to find Christian music that's theologically sound and theologically deep, regardless of genre. As it turns out, the song is a groove too. I just put it on my list of stuff to check out at the library. :)

Good points, craver vii...

 
At 11/05/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

Can I be Frank with you?

 
At 11/06/2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Sure, you can be Frank all day long!

I'm Frank too.....well, actually, I'm Jen2.....

Phil 4:8-9
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me (Paul)--practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

 
At 11/07/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Dude ~ yeah! I could just hear it as I was reading it.....*muppet dance*

I think you pretty much highlighted everything that I would have. :) ...I mean, if we're going to be Frank.

 
At 11/08/2006 7:13 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

HAHA !
Only team Jen would do the muppet dance to Christian rap!

A swede and a polack - what a team.

 
At 11/12/2006 11:52 PM, Blogger The Armchair Geek said...

Jen2, I find that certain truths in the scripture demand certain styles of response. Certain truths need to be rapped, for rap combines intensity with clarity and precision of articulation.

Certain truths also need a symphony with electric guitars (Nightwish Hibbie?) and lots of headbanging. Jesus ain't coming back to no polka. I'm get excited when I hear rap like Cross Movement because it's:

- Infectious
- Memorable
- Resonating with my own heart!

I don't like crappy love songs that make me all depressed or whine about some form of "life" I neither know nor want. If you want to grab my emotions, give me something my mind can sink it's teeth into. Rap about God, or salvation, or something TRUE and WORTH rapping about.

Same goes for metal, though I haven't found any Christian equivalent to Nightwish or Epica or Rhapsody. Here's hoping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home