jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Monday, November 13, 2006

All at ONCE

Sensuality has been surrounding me lately.....a much more blatant sin than the pride that creeps in oftentimes unawares.

First of all, one of my co-workers is seemingly on a mission to get me into a mindset where he can make innuendos and jokes and gain a reaction of approval from me. Constantly testing me by various comments, and when it fails, he apologizes.
It's sad really.....(dirty joy I mean)

Then, Friday evening, I decided that I should spend some time with a married couple who happen to be my best clients.
(they're in their early thirties and are wealthy)
In the back of my mind was, "perhaps the Lord might open a door for the Gospel"
I planned originally to stay only for an hour or so, but when the conversation went to truth and scripture, and they said that they would love it if I'd stay for dinner; So, with hopes of talking more about truth, I decided to stay.
No sooner had we sat down, the conversation went corrupt.
The husband said things that I will not repeat, and the fact that he said such things in the presence of his wife - made it VERY apparent that they had discussed the indecent proposal sometime beforehand.

It hit me like a ton of bricks when I was driving home that I really am a sheep amidst wolves.....God made me a sheep in His pasture, and having been out of the world for 6 years now, I sometimes forget just how vile the practices of the world are.
It was a shock to my system. The fear I had for them was probably written all over my face as toward the end of the night I was fearless in loosing them as clients and said "All of the pleasures of sin are so very fleeting....and Jesus IS coming back, and those who practice such things should fear Him.....sin is not worth being condemned forever"

Thoughts of how God has not given me over to chasing and serving temporary pleasures of sin (Rom 1) just amazes me.
My heart was never sensitive to such things prior to my conversion. The realities of Satan's work scared me a bit that night, I'm sad to admit.....though I prayed constantly as I walked to my car downtown all by myself. I was fearing Satan's anger against me, in my not falling into his trap.(though yes, all the while, I fought my fears with the truths of God's Sovereignty in all things)

Wellp ~

Praise the Lord, the sermon at church on Sunday was on Romans 16:17 Jesus has already defeated satan....and it will not be long before God crushes him under our feet. He's doomed and he knows it.
My mind turned to my clients as I listened...and thoughts of how satan is the great deceiver - and what that looks like.
How satan works his plans alongside the lovers of pleasure by befriending them and encouraging them that
"if it feels right, it can't be wrong"
Satan befriends the sinner and gives him comfort in his sin....cheering him on in it, and telling him to take it to the next level, for surely the sinner has 'rights' to choose what feels right to him.

(Again, As if God is a democrat that we should vote for Him )

What a shock it would be to them that love the darkness, because it just may be that satan is called as a KEY witness in the courtroom, and the Judge reveals the hard truth that satan is the one who initiated the charges against them...some 'friend'....

Satan will bring out God's law, as it is HOLY, and use it to accuse and condemn the children of wrath. And satan will be right in his accusations, as God, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, will have a detailed account of their thoughts and works, deeds and hearts......and so, with more than enough to condemn, the gavel will drop and the sentence will be carried out. Eternal damnation for rebelling and sinning against The Eternal and Infinitely worthy God Almighty - and for rejecting the only sacrifice that is acceptable in His sight - His perfect Son.

The Lamb who IS the I AM.

Snatched from the flames,

Jen2






6 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 9:44 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I think we (being whoever wants to and can go) should go hit up some place like Williams Peanut Bar again.

Ciao

 
At 11/13/2006 10:13 AM, Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Yeah. Eeep.

"Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.

They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.

But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit." - 1 Peter 4:1-6

It's often weird how we get to "know" nice people and then, one day out of the blue, we are slapped in the face with the searing fact that they're utterly depraved and sinful.

I hope you didn't lose them as clients (what do you do, anyway?), but for the sake of the gospel that sometimes happens. Crazy, but yeah.

Gotta remember to preach the word and love them people, though not touching their sin with a 10-foot pole.

 
At 11/13/2006 11:28 AM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

I'm glad you spoke up about it to them. Silence can be construed as passive agreement, but speaking up right away gives them something that they can respect. They will probably honor your convictions even if they do not agree with you.

You made me nervous when you started saying that sensuality has been all around you lately. I thought it was the beginning of a confession. It may be a useful thing for a man to confess this struggle, but a lady would do well to keep such information away from the wolves. But since you're talking about external bombardment, that's different... Whew!

Personally, I think Satan is oblivious to some of the specific things that happen in our lives, but if by any chance this episode registered on his radar screen... hit him again!

 
At 11/13/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Just so you see it, I'm posting this comment here too. *tee hee*


SOMEONE has told you about the Picasa stuff? I plead narcotic influence; I have been under general anesthetic several times and some leftovers clouded my mind for a moment. I was IN NO WAY insinuating that you were some form of valley girl. Chances are you're twice as articuate as I am. I was just making stupid captions on a picture that I thought would never be seen by anyone but Yen.

She's going to pay for this...there's a lot worse ones on her picassa site. I'm dead.

And IF I GO DOWN, I'M TAKING HIB WITH ME!

 
At 11/13/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Thanks for the notes brethren.

Eeep is right.

The crux of the matter is that even when I tried to change the subject or flat out said that I would not answer such personal questions....(extremely invasive)
They could not read my body language, nor hear the conviction in my voice - it was ingnored and they continued to push me.

After dinner the couple proceeded to a 'gentleman's club'.
(Perhaps that helps to explain the kind of situation it was.)

Just vile.

I've been pondering how to handle this.....and need wisdom from the Lord.

Be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

 
At 11/15/2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

i've been there, jen....especially working in hollywood. keep fighting the good fight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home