jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sorrowful yet Rejoicing ~

Ever notice how when you're going through a trial that the Spirit of God brings to mind all of the doctrine and truth that you've learned recently?

It seems like I don't have a clue as to how the things I'm learning in bible study are going to be a means of grace for my own sanctification later, through the trials of life.
Usually when I'm studying, I'm thinking about how much I can learn for the benefit of unbelievers I meet or in whatever meditations I have I wonder how God might use it to encourage one of my brothers or sisters in the Lord, and the study and meditations are a great blessing for sure....but whew - it's such a sweet shock when He brings truths I've wrestled through in my mind to rest on my heart.......as Jonathan Edwards says - it's a different kind of knowing. It's not like knowing that 2 +2 = 4.
It's like knowing honey is sweet, because you've tasted it for yourself. (not because someone told you that honey is like this or that, describing it to you.)
It's like how Adam Knew Eve, his wife, and they conceived. He didn't just "know of her", he experienced her - intimately unified.
Gotta love Eddie ~

Usually crying out to the Lord is due to seeing some failure in life, some lack of charity in the heart........but lately, joy is the cause of my tears wtih thanksgiving as the overflow.
I could hardly fall asleep last night!!! What a great Father we have. He has given us Jesus Christ, eternal life in Him........and what more could we ever expect? - if He should give us a hard life with all trials and pain and no joy along the way, we should not make a peep about it.........but humbly accept it as from the Father's hand. But He gives us SO MUCH MORE than we could ask or think. Everything is given to us by the amazing love that God has for His children......and we are undeserving of even the title "child of God."

My skin is the only thing keeping me from going everywhere at once. In Christ Jesus....still.

In Christ Jesus ~
Jen2

1 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ha! Hrruuummmph.

I love you sister !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home