jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Love / Hate Relationship with Debates

I just visited Challies blog for the first time today, and man...that poor brother!
He sets up the blog to bless people....but then, lo and behold.......the grumbling and biting starts.

Bunch of biter sheep on there trying to tell eachother the "REAL TRUTH" about Jesus being 100% God and 100% man.....oh, and not just that, but how to phrase that truth.
Are we really wasting time talking past eachother on this? They all agree witheachother, but no one slows down to try and understand the other one........whew.
I'm exhausted.......and convicted a bit, because I see that in myself. There is this seeking to be fulfilled in being 'right' or something that drives debates like that. A motive not grounded in a love for the Gospel. I just actually cut off my email exchange with a hyper calvinist recently for the sake of the Gospel. It was just not going to be edifying......and "when words are many transgression is not lacking." So, soooo true.

I don't have anything really crazy going on right now......just peace that surpasses understanding. You friends?

with love from above and in all truth,
sheep # 2,129,367,945,608
aka oatmeal.

6 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

i just want you to know how amazing your soapbox is. you should look into not renting anymore and investing in a purchase of your own. :-)

 
At 10/03/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

one more thing...this post is so true! this problem has been heavy on my heart too... read my "quiet and solemn" post.

 
At 10/04/2006 7:40 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Joey ~ I'm with you on your first comment...I'm thinking one would make a fabulous Christmas present! Wanna chip in with me and get her one?? :)

And then also, I second your second comment (yup, it's all unanimous). And I liked your post "quiet and solemn," Joey.

Love you sisters!

 
At 10/04/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

haha......I was like....soapbox?...what the crap is she talking about?....but then I remembered my little jokey joke on your Joey blog.

Hibby has to show me how to put pics on my blog now that I've got myself a little camera. I even took a pic of me-n-Kelsey at DG06'
We missed you Joey. We're still going to rock the house in Feb right?? DUDE - I've never seen the ocean.....I'm so looking forward to being in awe of God's creation.

I like apples.

Sorry just had to throw in one MORE random thought before I sign out.......later sisters ~
Jen2

 
At 10/04/2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

BRILLIANT suggestion hibst. I love the idea...
Feb it is. I'll be there. You can count on it playah.
Also- I have to nail down a date to come see you all. I'm thinking maybe the weekend after next... I dont know.
God bless!

-i've been eating too much-

 
At 10/06/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I'm a little bummed you won't be here to hang with the sis. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home