jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Monday, October 23, 2006

1 Peter 2:13

"Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God.
Honor the emperor.

Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust.
For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly. For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure?
But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God.

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly.
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. "


Tribulation and persecution at work.....so ummm.......why am I not rejoicing ?! It's hard !!!! Today I was called a blasphemer by someone who does not even know what the word means, and I've been dealing with many accusations about being in a cult lately. It is so odd too, because the person that is doing the most of the biting is the one who asks the most questions about the faith and seems to have absorbed some of truths that I've shared. (the one mentioned in the previous post)
It's hard to know when to speak and when to hold my tongue, as he is generally very unteachable and arrogant and looks at me as though I am a fool because I study the bible and don't care to read the star tribune everyday.
Some of the things that have been said to me would be enough to get some of the persons fired......if I only brought just a few comments to HR......but if I do that - what good am I for the sake of the Name?
I get fired up inside when they talk so confidently about things that are so far off from God's true character as revealed in the scripture.........and the jokes they make about why I read my bible over my lunch break. I love them, and they trash me. I share the gospel with them, and they call me judgemental. (because I believe sin to be sin, and not merely "a mistake")

I couldn't have held up in this type of atmosphere a few years ago without yelling/arguing with people who treat me as they do......so God's grace is sufficient for today, and all that He has planned for me.

I need more insight and more grace to continue to work here. The fire is turned way up, and the other (professing) believers and I share no unity of heart......they will not so much as say something is right or wrong based on God's word, but they say "well, we're not to judge"

Just rambling a bit to gather my thoughts ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home