jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sel-fish caught ~ found to be.....not such a rare fish.

God has a way of using other people as mirrors to show us our own depravity.
Lately I've been seeing just how much I seek my own interests, and how hard it is to hold my tongue and think about what is best for other people............especially since the flesh has a way of disguising a selfish ambition within me, making it seem as though there is something that I should expect from other people, like I have rights to this or that.
That is not the heart of our Savior.......and although I can't pinpoint exactly what to call the sin - the self serving me recognizes the call to repent of it nonetheless.

Ozzie's reading today:
"Never apologize for your Lord. The words of the Lord hurt and offend until there is nothing left to hurt or offend. Jesus Christ has no tenderness whatsoever toward anything that is ultimately going to ruin a man in the service of God. Our Lord's answers are based not on caprice, but on a knowledge of what is in man. If the Spirit of God brings to your mind a word of the Lord that hurts you, you may be sure that there is something He wants to hurt to death."

I can't remember where I heard the thought that nowhere in the bible will you find a lesson that Oprah would endorse.......the Scripture does not bring a person to look admirably at themselves.....(self-esteem) You cannot get to God when you sit and gaze in the mirror and say "I'm really somethin"
Instead, the bible assumes the reality that people already DO love themselves - too much actually.......and since self love comes so naturally to man, God bases His command to love others -on that very point...........love your neighbor as yourself.


Beat up by Grace ~ Praise the Lord !
Oats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home