jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Realities of the Spiritual Realm ~

This may make me out to be a complete nut......but so be it. Yesterday I had to drive quite a ways to a closing. (I'm a lender) I hadn't a clue that I would arrive 40 minutes early....so I decided to pull into a parking lot and perhaps take a nap. But I just felt like that would have been a waste of time. So I pulled out my bible......well, not too long after reading, I got to thinking about all of the unbelievers that I pray for and care about....and my muslim friends came to mind. They had given me a Qu'ran in english a few months ago, but I had not opened it to date. Well, in listening to Pastor Piper's morning DG message about Islam and what led the terrorists to murder people and truly believe that it was a good and pleasing thing to Allah.......I decided to get the Qu'ran out of my trunk and figure out how they could come to such a conclusion. The scripture tells us that Satan is both a liar and a murderer........and what else could lead people to such a grievous thing as what happened on Sept 11, 01 ?
Believing lies so much so that it led to a mass murder in the name of God.

As I sat and read the book, there are many things that I noticed right away......like how the Qu'ran continually refers to the People of the Book. (meaning us, Christians and I believe it includes the Jews as well) The funny thing is that there is some truth in their book.....half truths. They believe that Muhammed was the one that Jesus promised would come after Him, but we know that to be the promised Holy Spirit. (they mention the Holy Spirit, but it seems they think that to be the angel gabriel.....this is just an assumption that I need to look into further)
Anyhow, the crux of the matter, is that they reject that Jesus is who He said He was. They flat out deny His deity.......just as the Jews do. They mention how the Jews are blinded by God, but they cannot even see where they are a miss. The Qu'ran definitely has a high view of God's sovereignty, but the fact that the book spends much of it's time saying that Jesus is not who Christians say he is.......is just satanic. As I read I felt an immense weight of the truth of Christ Jesus......and that satan has started these false religions that are half truths....but deny the only part that matters for salvation, the deity, the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross and his resurrection. Muslims acknowledge the divine virgin birth, that Jesus was sinless, and they call him the Messiah even. Oh, how surprised must those men be that have given their lives to suicide/homicide missions in the name of God. Their torment is immeasurable I'm sure.

So last night, I had a delightful dinner with my dad, (PPD) and arrived at home around 10:30 or so. I sat down on my bed excited to learn more about what exactly triggers the mindset of radical Islam. I grew tired, as usual, and just left the book on my bed, open, as I fell asleep.

I remember looking at the clock at 11:03 or something to check that my alarm was set, just before falling asleep. I woke suddenly and with confusion and looked to the foot of my bed and without a doubt saw a spiritual figure....I believe to be a demon. I noticed that my reading light was off......which was odd, as it was on as I was falling asleep........
I stared at the terrifying being for at least 15 seconds before it disappeared. I rolled over to look at the time and to turn my little light back on. It was only 11:38pm. I prayed and prayed in the Name of the One that demons must obey.....the Living Christ.
All in my heart calmed down, and peace came over me.......I was like "what am I afraid of?"
God reigns!

So, today I keep thinking - what happened and why?
I know from talking with muslims that dreams are very important to them......and can it not be that in reading the Qu'ran and then having this experience would cause someone to feel validated in the belief of the Qu'ran ? Satan is a beautiful demon....we all know this.
He loves to deceive.....and he knows how to affect the unregenerate heart.
But the flock of God, the sheep of Christ know Him and follow Him.....and will never follow another.
We run when we do not recognize the Father. I ran to my Father last night.....and I fear for the muslim people like never before. Had I not been given the Holy Spirit, I believe that I could have been deceived by that experience last night. I will never question a muslim who claims to have had a vision ever again........but I now feel the weight of what we are up against.

Eph 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

May the Lamb that was Slain receive the honor and glory and praise due His Name!!
All Hail the Power of Jesus Name!!!

Wrestle well dear brothers and sisters ~ Heaven and Hell are at stake everyday.
In Christ Jesus, and more grateful than ever before,
Jen2

3 Comments:

At 9/12/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I believe those "dreams" or "events" are just means of distractions. Meaning, even us believers can spend too much time sayin "oh I saw such and such in the dark." Not that you telling us was bad, I'm just adding my two cents :)

Believe me, I have my stories. ;)

 
At 9/12/2006 9:03 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I guess what I'm saying is... I've seen believers spend so much time talking about seeing some demon that they forget about the one who's ultimately in control :) (And again, I'm not saying you are doing this)

 
At 9/12/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Hey Frank ~
Yeah, I'm tracking with you when it comes to things such as this becoming a distraction....
It paralyzed me for a little bit...but the supremecy of Christ is where I ran to take refuge.

Luke 10:19
"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. 20Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

All about the Jesus ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home