jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Patience in Sanctification

Why can't I just be sanctified now?? I often joke about this, but really sometimes get bent out of shape that I am not where I "should be" .....well, in my opinion anyway.
I'm thinking that God wants me to go through the pains and trials to prove the genuiness of the work that He has done in me......sort of like Job. It's all to draw attention and praise to Himself....because no one can thwart His work. Is 43:13 "Also henceforth I am He; There is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?"

Lately, I've had this budding thought wondering how I can be so impatient with not only my own sanctification, but that of my brothers and sisters?
It seems that Christians expect more from Christians......as if being justified by means that we no longer sin...... Oiy vey !

I see this usually with aquaintences who know eachother only a little bit, but even more so with those who are seeking a spouse. Perfection is almost expected, in the other person's behavior and ambition and ministry, etc...... (keep in mind, that I only recognize this in others because I see it in myself.....seeing a splinter in someone else's eye, you must have a Log made out of the same wood in your own eye - if you can easily recognize it...!)

I mean, yikes.......that the one our hearts are drawn to is without a doubt - a filthy sinner saved by the mercy and grace of God is not a pretty thought that appeals to our deepest desires for a marriage partner. (hence the need to delight thyself in the Lord)
And so, in the world of singles, and even at the best churches there is a pressure to come across to others as though we are "completed Christians."
Since, why would anyone desire a sinner for a spouse??!!
(hope you're picking up what I'm throwing down here)

Lately, the love that covers sin has been on my heart, in thinking about Christ loving us, his enemies, and dying a horrific death and bearing an infinite wrath.......to bring us near to God.

Looking past those things that 'need work' in others by remembering how much I need them to overlook my shortcomings in order for any of us to be in fellowship with one another. Of course, I would hope that things that do not honor Christ would eventually come to the light to be forsaken, by a word from a sister or brother......but to know that they will not forsake me when they are asking me to forsake some behavior of mine.....is just a freeing thought.....
Love that takes over my actions so that I disappear and Christ can love His people through me.

Disciple's song "Remembering"

"I was still a sinner when you gave your life for me,
while I cursed your name, you stretched your hand out and rescued me.
Wiped my sin away with just one touch of your great love,
so I will sing your praise and put my hope in what you've done."

Hallelujah ! What a Savior ~
"Let the love of Christ rule in your hearts."


With affection,
jen2

1 Comments:

At 9/07/2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ahh, Oats. Thanks for this - a very good read (and very understandable - I was totally trackin').

And can I just say "Kl-klk." That's the best cookie-cutter noise I can make via blog...if you've got a better idea, I'm open ~ hahaha.

Have fun paintin' tonight!! I'll be praying for you and the girls while scoring goals on the ice! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home