jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rev 2:4
"But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first."

I have been consumed with desire for the childlike faith that I used to have and that "just saved" feeling ........so much so that I've went back and re-read my first journals. I remember how I loved the Lord so easily and so powerfully when He first revealed Himself to me.....how I was so eager to be taught by Him and was so sensitive to the Spirit and had faith that if God could change a girl like me, then He could save anyone and accomplish ANYTHING, and I prayed that way. I've been longing for that faith and simplicity to return with power.
It seems that sometimes being in a church where everyone is soo serious and so cautious about the structure of their sentences, and sounding profound, that we tend to want to impress each other......(at least this is my experience, in my own heart)
The Lord has mercifully humbled me lately....I can't call to mind helpful texts at the right time to add to conversation, and I am usually off base. HAHA !! I love my Father so much.....and finally, I am not feeling dejected.....my joy in seeing Him work has been restored.
I keep holding onto the promise in Heb 11:6
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

I hold Him to that promise ~ everyday :)

And this morning has been exceedingly joyful !
The CD player in my car has been "out of commission" for about a year and a half now, but I decided to give it a go this morning with my Jennifer Knapp CD......and it worked.
The Lord is soo good to allow my heart to worship him with singing on my way to work!!

"Testimony, come now quickly, whisper in my ear,
Celebration
Peace at last not far away, an empty sheet, a borrowed grave-
Salvation
Come freedom come,
Come freedom come!"

Imagine finding the empty grave & empty sheet that morning 1973 years ago -
Our Savior lives and has freed us from the fear of death and has broken the power of sin

With all my might ~
Jen2

7 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

oh man jen
i totally know how you feel about thinking we have to impress each other "oh look at how mature that person is!!" and the glory goes to us and not God. Shame!! Thank you for bringing this to mind, God has laid it on my heart to.
I am coming up for the DG conference as you might know and I fly into MSP thursday mornign at 6am. are you and jen doing anything that day?
God bless

 
At 8/03/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Jen2 said...

I will see if I can get Thursday off work as well. (I have that Friday off already)

Just to spend some quality time with you friend!!
I'll check with Yen too - and get back to you :)

 
At 8/03/2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

soul friend indeed.

we are gonna rock the houuuse in sept.

 
At 8/03/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

"where everyone is soo serious and so cautious about the structure of their sentences, and sounding profound, that we tend to want to impress each other..."

Jen, this is the exact topic I was wrestling with last night--years of wanting my "knowledge" to be increased so that I might seem great, rather than my love and wisdom increased so that God might be glorified.

Thank you for your post--while I don't want to start a "struggling club" so we can all commiserate together and get nowhere, I do find encouragement in the JOY the Lord brought you today in overcoming the need to please man. Praise Him!

 
At 8/04/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Jen, I love you. I am ever so thankful for the work I can see God working in and through your life - this is said, not to praise your thoughts or heart (for ours are not naturally inclined to these thoughts anyway!), but to PRAISE our Father in heaven who has seen fit to use you where you are - a sinful, yet regenerate, human amid a sinful world - to encourage and hold accountable our own thoughts. It does amaze me.

These comments of yours are along the same lines of what I have been praying about in small group - of my wanting to be a wise and solid woman of God (a sage)...to that end. How gross the tendancy is to want to reclaim the glory for ourselves! Joanna had it right - shame!! Shame.

I agree also with Heidi not to create a "struggling club." (By the way - great word: commiserate.) So let us, instead, strive to encourage one another on towards setting our minds on the things above (not the praise of men) where Christ is and that it would be far from us to boast in anything but the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ!!

 
At 8/04/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, by the by, Joanna...I "just so happen" to have Thursday off myself!! ;) Wooo - rock the house is right!

If Frank reads this...right now my brain is working at a much faster rate than I am talking...he knows what happens then. :) (And it means I'm excited - all my words want out at once.)

 
At 8/04/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I agree with Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home