jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

FEAR and Anxiety (Part II)

Found some great thoughts to ponder in a book I've been reading by Elizabeth Elliot. And friends, if ever there was a sentence that could sum up sinful fear - this is one that cuts right to the chase ~

"The lives of those who are not yet sure of their God are governed by fear, which is the antithesis of faith."
Yikes.......'not yet sure of their God'
As in, we may not articulate it as the deep rooted doubter question of "well, can God be trusted?" But it comes out of our mouths in sentences like:
"I just don't know what to do" and "what if ______?!"

We should take hold of Oswald Chambers challenged us with:
"Put ALL supposing aside, and stake everything on God." (on God's character, his word, his promises and his purpose of magnifying himself for our deepest joys)

She says in another part of the book that once we've prayed through something, and thought carefully about it in light of the scripture....we should stick with our decisions.
"Don't dig up in doubt, what you've planted in faith."

Hold fast to Christ, and everything else loosely. Hopes and dreams and earthy possessions, and "rights" and family and friends and jobs........then we won't be blown back when all of those temporary things fall by the wayside.

I posted these on the OneAnother blog, and just had to carry them over to this one. It is SO good to be reminded of the Lord's promises.

Ps 38:15 But for you, O LORD, do I wait; It is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.

Is 30:18 Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for him

Is 49:23 Then you will know that I am the LORD; Those who wait for me shall not be put to shame.

Lam 3:25 The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

Micah 7:7 But as for me, I will look to the LORD;I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.


Funny thing it is to have a cold, you can't taste anything......except that the Lord is good.

Grace and Peace to you friends ~
Jen2

3 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 2:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Awesome part 2. Thanks sister!

And I like what you're tasting...I had a helping myself today too!! :) He is Good.

 
At 8/29/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

I love this jen. It spoke to my heart. What is so amazing about the firey trials of the faith (ya know, those times when all things around you seem that God is against you but His word says he's for you), those trials God works to bring us to Him that He can show His faithfulness- I tend to be a doubter but God is gracious and loving and committed. :-)

 
At 8/30/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

Sister, friend and fellow blogger...

Thank You :)

I love Chambers, he really knows how to speak to the heart of the matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home