jendaas

HEART * MINISTRY * MISCELLANIES *

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ever Have a GOOD Day ??
Day = meaning 24 hours, Good = meaning ?????

What does it mean to have a good day....Hmm ...... I wonder.
Could it be those days where you feel as though you did most everything right, and everything seemed to go your way. You had quality time in the word, great fellowship, etc

Yesterday was one of the hardest, best days I've had in a long time. I screwed up quite a bit.
It's almost a relief to see my sin so plainly.....so that I might know it and hate it....and turn from it....and seek the Lord with greater earnestness -
I wish that every day I could see how I fall so short so clearly- for the sake of my prayer times.....and the condition it puts my heart in.
Just a mendicant.
Why don't I see myself as a beggar always.....my true state before the Lord.....sigh.
Yesterday was a good day.

All I got,
Jen2

7 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree, nothing pierces my heart so much or forces me on my face so strongly as seeing my own sin. I wonder if we do not regularly see our sin because we have become so numb to it in some sense that unless it is blatantly obvious we do not always consider it sin. My prayers are with you.

 
At 8/16/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

i am having a decent day.

but that is not what i'm commenting aobut. lol. I have a free ticket to MN anytime i wnat to come. and- it'd be cool to come see you and "da gang".
SO- when is a good time for y'all?
i was thinking maybe sometime in oct....later on. let me knows!!!

 
At 8/16/2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

Everyday is a good day compared to what I deserve :)

 
At 8/17/2006 7:23 AM, Blogger Jen2 said...

Hey Joanna ~
October would be good - I mentioned it to Yen last night.
(she helped me paint and we found a baby squirrel. Okay...that was random.)

I'll follow up via email with you and her friend !
Love,
Sheep # 2,309,938,298,217

 
At 8/17/2006 7:35 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Frank you sound like...CJ Mahaney, yeah? (I think it's him who always responds to people asking "how are you doing?" - "Better than I deserve!") I try to remember to respond like that...because it's the strictest truth.

Soon to be posted: story and pictures of our would-be-pet-squirrel. :)

 
At 8/17/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

yea, I read his book :)

But I wasn't saying it because I remembered it from the book. I actually said it because it's been on my mind lately :) But yes, I agree with you, I try to say it to people all the time.

 
At 8/18/2006 7:05 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

"I wish that every day I could see how I fall so short so clearly- for the sake of my prayer times.....and the condition it puts my heart in."

True, true, sister. I pray so much more in earnest and, in general, so much MORE when I am aware of how wretched I am without the grace of God. Thanks for this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home